Jetpack Slideshow Caption
Jetpack has a pretty robust Image slideshow feature. (If you don’t know, “Add Media” button > “Create Gallery” > Choose photos > “Create new gallery” > Change type to slideshow in “Gallery Settings” > “Insert Gallery”)
Make sure you have “Compose using shortcodes to embed media from popular sites” enabled in “Settings” > “Writing” > Composing section of Jetpack settings.
Jetpack’s handling of photo’s captions doesn’t work well with long captions (as it overlays the caption above the photo). This plugin modifies the layout so that the caption is displayed below the photo and the slideshow expands to accommodate.
Contribute on github.
Slideshow Captions for Jetpack is not maintained by Automattic.
Latest version: Download Jetpack Slideshow Caption v1.1.0 [zip]
- Upload the
jetpack-slideshow-captiondirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- While editing an entry: “Add Media” button > “Create Gallery” > Choose photos > “Create new gallery” > Add captions to photos > Change type to slideshow in “Gallery Settings” > “Insert Gallery”
- Updated: confirmed compatibilty with latest versions of Jetpack and WordPress
- Ownership transfer
- Fix deprecated jQuery code.
- Fix slideshow height quirks with smaller images